Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween and what I have been up to this week.

I made this fun little Halloween dress for my daughter. I got this material for $1 and I thought I would use it to test my dress making skills. It is a really simple dress. I didn't have a pattern I just made it up as I went. I drew a pattern for the top part and then just cut a big rectangular for the skirt. I lined the the top part and gathered the skirt before I sewed it on. I made button holes on the top front, but then I never went and got buttons for the dress so I just put the straps through holes and tied a knot. It worked great and added a little cuteness to the dress.
Also this week I had to make some scrapbook pages for my husband's grandma's 80th birthday (they are making her a book). These are the pages I did of our family. I think they turned out cute and I almost didn't want to send them off. Hope you enjoy grandma and happy 80th birthday wish we were there.

On a none crafty note someone ran into our car going 50 mph while my husband was stopped at a stop light. No one was really hurt but our car was totalled. We were planning on having that car for a long time. So intead of buying another small car we took the plunge and got a mini van. So I have been car shopping all we and when the insurance check gets here I get to go pick up our new (to us) mini van. Yeah!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh what a cute dress! I need to get better at sewing so I can whip out cute things like that just like you do! I'm jealous.