Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cake stands


I know I am so behind on blogging. I have many things waiting to be blogged yet I just haven't gotten around to them. This Idea I just have to blog. I can not take credit for this genius idea it came from my mother. She showed me these beutiful cake stands she made over the web cam today and I immediately asked her to take pictures and send to me and then I went and found some things in my house to make my own mini cake stand to show off my mini cupcakes.

I have one cake stand that I received from my great grandma as a wedding present and I love it, but I feel like I use it to much and sometimes I want to use something different. Well you may say just go buy another cake stand. Well my husband doesn't see the need to spend money on another one. Well here is a perfect solution. These cake stands are made with candle stick holders and a plate. You can make the cake stand just how you want. You can have different ones for each holiday.

It is a great way to use antique items you have such as a grandmothers china or just those great finds at the thrift store.

You can use them for other things other than cake. They can be used as decoration or other type of food.
It would be cute to have lots of different size ones lining the table at thanksgiving with all your yummy food.
So do you have an old candle holder and a plate laying around? All you need to do is take a little metal glue or super glue of some kind and glue the candle holder to the bottom of the plate.
How easy is that. I am not sure it will be dishwasher safe, but how hard is it really to wipe of a cake stand.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

What a cute idea! I love all of the ones you've shown.