Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Withdrawals

I think I am going through post Valentines Day chocolate withdrawals. I ate my whole box of chocolates in 2 days not to mention my husband bought 2 big bags of kit kats last weekend that I helped eat. I was out of it today. I was so tired that as soon as I put the baby down for a nap I fell asleep on the couch watching TV with my daughter (both morning and afternoon naps) my daughter watched way too much TV today. Anyways I blame it all on the chocolate. It reminded me of this I {heart} Chocolate dress I made last year after Valentines day.
I never blogged about it so I guess now is as good of time as any. This dress was made from a clearance t-shirt and 2 skirts from walmart. Both the t-shirt and skirts were to big for my daughter so I cut them down to her size then attached the skirt to the bottom of the t-shirt withthe brown skirt longer than the striped skirt giving it a layered look.

It is the perfect dress for my chocolate loving daughter and she still wears it now. Its all knit material giving it a stretch so it has grown with her over the year.
I made a simple bow in cordinating brown and red ribbon that can be clipped on a head band.
or a hat. So look out for clearance clothes as you do your shopping you never know what you can find, even if they aren't the right size. I paid only a dollar for each piece making this dress $3 and about 30 mins. So heres to coming out of the chocolate coma and getting on with my life.

Linking Parties

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

This is darling!! I love, love, love it!

Humble Homemaker said...

Oh this is too adorable! I am in love with it. :D Great thinking.
Feel free to hook it up to my Weekend Review Link Party. This is too cute not to share!!
p.s. I am your newest follower. Have a great day!
http://humblehomemaking.blogspot.com/

Michelle said...

I just love her outfit, so dang cute. You are so talented.

I'm with you, I love chocolate and eat it almost every day. I keep a hidden stash somewhere in the house at all times for emergencies. Kit Kats are one of my favorite chocolate bars. Thanks for sharing this post, It's amazing!!

Ismail N said...

So cute - your daughter and her outfit! You are really talented at making things look better!

Tammy @ she wears flowers said...

I'm featuring this on Thursday at my Show & Share party. Please stop by to see it and grab a featured button! Thanks!

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

This is adorable! I just found a Got Cookies? t-shirt at Goodwill yesterday (from the Red Cross) and am going to make my 7 month old boy something... too bad it can't be a cute outfit like this!

AllieMakes! said...

OH MY WORD! That is ADORABLE!! What a cute little angel! My little 4 year old is sitting here and saw this and screamed I want and I Love Chocolate outfit!!
Great job!
You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday through Sunday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Crystal said...

So cute!

Humble Homemaker said...

Hi! Thanks for hooking up to my Link Party last weekend! I have picked your projet to feature on This Weekends Party. :) Thanks for the inspiration. Click on the link below to check it out and get your featured button! Have a great day.
Humble Homemaking