Monday, September 20, 2010

FlufferNutter

What in the heck is a FlufferNutter? Well remember my S'More post where I talked about Fluff?
Fluff seems to be an east coast thing as I have heard you can't buy it out west (but to be it seems to be the same as marshmallow cream). Well if you make a sandwich with peanut butter and fluff you get a fluffernutter.
Behold a FLufferNutter. No I did not make that name up it is written on the back of the Fluff container. It seems this is the main use of Fluff since I found the fluff next to the peanut butter at the grocery store. My husband thinks they are gross, but he has never eaten one himself. He was also horrified that I introduced them to our daughter. However, I looked at the nutritional stuff on the container and Fluff has less sugar and less calories than both Jam and honey. Now I am not saying Fluff is better for you, but the less calories thing is something to think about. Well have I intrigued you? Do you all want to go out and get you some fluff? (No I am not getting paid for this)

Linky Parties

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you posted this. My hubs never knew about them and thought I was crazy!
Love the pic.... now I'm craving one. ;)

Lisa said...

My sister and I still hold it against my parents that we weren't allowed to eat this as children. I finally had it for the first time a couple years ago and I can see why everyone loves it!

Unknown said...

My husband makes them for the kids now and then. Apparantly he had them alot growing up but they just seem so strange to me. lol My son begs for them tho!

Kat said...

Less sugar and calories huh? I might have to pick some up tomorrow whilst shopping!! I think my hubbs will also be horrified! (heheh)

Marissa said...

My mother would add a banana! Totally decadent and wonderful. We only had marshmallow Fluf in the house at Christmas and Easter. So, these sandwiches remind me of those holidays.