Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Me Want Cookie!

This past weekend I photographed a 1st birthday party with an Elmo and Cookie monster theme. As I was going through the pictures my daughter saw the picture of a little cake (made for the birthday boy to smash) with cookie monster on it and instantly proclaimed that she wanted cookie monster cupcakes. This idea has been in her head ever since and she is constantly asking to make cookie monster cupcakes, so today after playgroup I decided to help her make some cookie monster cupcakes.
This is what we came up with. They are chocolate chuck cupcakes with blue buttercream frosting.
We made the fur by piping the frosting on with a cake decorating tip (the one normally used to make leaves). And we used chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth.
Of course there can't be a cookie monster without cookies. We used cookie crunch cereal for our mini cookies.
There are the perfect size to fit into cookie monsters mouth, but bigger cookies would be fun too.
So after days of begging for cookie monster cupcakes here they are. I confess that not all the cupcakes were made into cookie monster and not all of them turned out,
but she didn't seem to mind.

I am linking this project up with
and other friends here.

6 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

way way cute!!!

April said...

Very cute cupcakes. I made these before too...you can check them out here:

http://apgacruz.blogspot.com/2009/10/me-want-cupcakes.html

I didn't think of using the cookie cereal for mini cookies, that was a great idea! Maybe if I make them again, I will have to remember that!

Lisa said...

What a great idea for cupcakes. I am in need of a cake idea for my little man's first birthday, and this fits the bill. Thanks for the post.

Lisa
www.lisasrecipecards.blogspot.com

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

How cute are those cupcakes?!!! Thanks so much for linking to Tot Tuesdays last week. I've featured you today! Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the inspiration on these little cupcakes. My twins' 1st birthday party is Saturday and it's a cookie monster theme so I was delighted to see these at These Creative Juices. I linked up a couple Cookie Monster things to today's party if you want to check them out. Off to poke around your blog for more inspiration...

Hugs,
Jami

HoosierHomemade said...

Really cute! I have some cookie monsters at my house too!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz