Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mixed Media Art Canvas:Blog Swap Under the Willow

Today I am doing my first ever blog swap so you can find me over at Under the Willow. Under the Willow is run by a very amazing person who taught me all my craftiness, my mother. So enjoy this tutorial from the true Mommy of Mommy creations then head over to Under the Willow to see what I have made and some other things made by my wonderful mother.

Thank you Jessica for inviting me over to Mommy Creations.


I had a lot of fun with this project and found it really relaxing to do. No rules, so No mistakes. I started out with a base coat of paint on a 11X14 canvas then went from there. Some paper, some decoupage, stamps, inks, shimmer spray, stencils, die cuts, and misc embellishments.


{key and keyhole were cut from Tim Holtz grunge-board; die-cut chair with 3-D crystal lacquer}


{black shimmer spray with fleur de lys stencil; small frame embellishment}


{stamped D ; decoupaged clock paper ; rolled burlap flower on tag}

You need to try this. I was inspired by Jana @ CreatingScrapbooks.com. I love all the techniques she used, Watch her YouTube video. I think the trick to this is layering.and texture. But like I said No rules.

Thanks Susan for sharing and thanks for participating in my first ever blog swap. If you are interested in doing a blog swap contact me at mommycreations(at)gmail.com

Linking up to these parties.

4 comments:

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Stopping by from It#s so very Cheri - I love steampunk stuff, and this is right up my street. Very nice!

Kelley said...

very cute... I like the little rid tickets ...reminds me of summer.

malia said...

this is really cool! thx for linking up to a crafty soiree last week! hope to see you tomorrow

Crystal said...

This turned out so pretty. I love all of the different techniques you used.