Friday, September 10, 2010

Flashback Friday: Apple pickin' Dress

Since I have a lot of projects that didn't get blogged about over the last year due to my being pregnant I decided I would do a little flashback every now and then. Here is a little something I made last September for my little girl to go apple pickin' in.
Every year we go to an apple orchard and every year I find myself making Addi a little dress to wear. See her first dress from 2 years ago here. That dress was up cycled from a knit T-shirt. Then last year I used some corduroy remnants I found for cheap at Joann's to make this little jumper.
There is just something about fall that makes me want to sew. That is probably why I feel the need to make her a new dress every year. Isn't the corduroy just perfect for a wagon ride through the orchard?
I just took a jumper she already had to use as a pattern. I had decided to make this the night before we went so I kept it really simple, plus I didn't have much fabric.
I hate making button holes. I don't know why, I can never get them to work on my machine (haven't tried on the new machine yet, so I just made straps and tied them together over the shoulder.
I paired the dress with a coordinating turtle neck and some boots. In colder weather it can also be worn with tights or leggings.
A cute little dress to eat yummy apples straight of the tree and in yummy desserts found here.
Get sewing your little one a fall outfit and stay tune for this years fall outfits. A first day of school outfit for Monday and another apple dress in the next two weeks.
Checkout what other are making at these linky parties.
Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Super cute dress. Your little one looks adorable.

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

What a cutie...and the dress is adorable too!